Senior Director, Total Rewards
Fusion Recruiters, LLC, in partnership with our client Bethesda Lutheran Communities, are in search of a strategic, hands-on leader to join their HR Leadership team as the Sr. Director of Total Rewards.
Located in either Watertown, WI or Brookfield, WI, the leader of Total Rewards will provide strategic direction and operational leadership for compensation, benefits, and wellness programs across Bethesda. The outcome of the efforts will continue to drive their strategy to be an employer of choice that can attract, engage, and retain talent who deliver the mission and business strategy. This position reports to the Chief Human Resource Officer, will supervise a team, and is a key member of the human resources leadership team. This position may interact with the Executive Leadership Team and the Bethesda Board and will work in close collaboration with the Finance Function.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, implement, and administer an innovative, employer of choice total rewards strategy that helps Bethesda offer competitive benefits, competitive and affordable compensation strategies and enhance the wellness and productivity of their employees.
- Manage benefit plans investments/costs and analyze impact to the business strategy and employee experience in collaboration with the Finance Function.
- Ensures all jobs are designed to support career path options for employees and is aligned with talent development and learning strategies.
- Manage and ensure compliance for all benefits, compensation, and wellness programs in relationship to not for profit, for profit, state, federal, county and line of business regulations and laws.
- Analyze total rewards programs to ensure they align with the mission and business strategy to ensure the programs optimize the organizations ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Continuously monitors the total rewards landscape nationally and across industries to ensure best practices are implemented at Bethesda. Ultimately positions Bethesda’s practices nationwide as best in class for innovative and effective total rewards practices for their employees.
- Assists with strategic projects as assigned, including business and human resources activities associated with business growth, reorganizations, and mergers and acquisitions.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field
- Masters in related field preferred
- 7+ years of experience in compensation, benefits and employee wellness
- 5+ years in a leadership role
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
- Certification in CEBS preferred
- Certification in CCP preferred
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behaviors):
- Approachability — Is easy to approach and talk to. Spends the extra effort to put others at ease. Can be warm, pleasant, and gracious. Is a good listener. Is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it. Genuinely cares about people. Demonstrates real empathy. Embraces the concept of diversity and inclusion.
- Composure — Is cool under pressure. Does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough. Is considered mature. Can be counted on to hold things together during tough times. Can handle stress. Is not knocked off balance by the unexpected. Doesn’t show frustration when running into barriers. Is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Customer Focus — Demonstrates exceptional customer service by exceeding the expectations of internal and external customers. Gains firsthand information and uses it for improvements. Acts “customer centric” by involving others in the processes of determining needs and by constantly seeking feedback. Establishes and maintains effective relationships and gains their trust and respect to drive results for our employees. Always acts in a way that ensures we honor our Mission, Values, and Rules of Engagement.
- Integrity and Trust — Is widely trusted. Is seen as a direct and truthful individual. Can present the truth in an appropriate, respectful, and helpful manner for Bethesda. Keeps confidences. Admits mistakes. Doesn’t misrepresent them self for personal gain.
- Managerial Courage — Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said. Provides current, direct, complete, and actionable feedback to colleagues. Faces up to people problems and situations quickly and directly. Is not afraid to take difficult action when necessary in a respectful way.
- Critical Thinking — Uses thorough analysis and synthesis to solve complex and difficult problems, makes timely decisions, and takes action. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers. Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge. Probes sources for relevant information. Raises important questions. Tests assumptions. Remains flexible and adaptable when facing challenging situations. Can act and think differently depending upon the situation or context. Can see hidden problems, implications, and consequences. Can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future. Effectively balances critical thinking with a bias for taking action.
- Lifelong Learner/Adaptable — Picks up on the need to learn and change personal, interpersonal, and leadership behaviors quickly. Watches others for their reactions and attempts to influence and perform and adjusts as needed. Seeks feedback. Is sensitive to changing personal demands and requirements and changes accordingly for Bethesda. Is a change agent for Bethesda and adapts to the ever-changing business landscape.
- Business Acumen — Knows how our business works. Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting Bethesda and Total Rewards. Is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
NOTE: The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To Apply, email us your resume or call (414) 870-3873.