Senior Benefits Administrator
Fusion Recruiters, LLC, in partnership with our client, a national leader in innovative health solutions, is in search of a highly motivated and experienced Senior Benefits Administrator to join their team. Based in Milwaukee, WI and working under the direction of the Director of Total Rewards, this individual will implement, administer and evaluate welfare and wellness plans, programs and vendors based on business strategy, competitive position and employee needs. This position will proactively assess and administer benefit plans and programs in compliance with organizational policies and procedures as well as federal and state governing bodies to support the benefit and compensation function and seeks integrated solutions which deliver value added service.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Benefit Plan Planning and Administration
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends new or revised benefit plans/policies that are cost-effective and meet defined objectives based on trends, fiscal considerations and customer needs
- Participates in the design, development and execution of plans; develops and monitors metrics to assess effectiveness of plans.
- Oversees vendor relationships, including Broker, to ensure high level of service and process efficiency; audits and processes invoices; ensures compliance and accuracy of various reporting requirements.
- Plans and executes the annual benefit enrollment activities, preparing materials and communication plan, scheduling meetings, monitoring and ensuring employee eligibility, etc.
- Serves as a consultant educating and consulting with employees regarding benefit plans and managing problems/issues that arise.
- Monitors compliance with state and federal laws related to benefit plans, providing written notification to employees as needed; seeks approval for legal advice on changes impacting all employee benefits.
- Prepares and submits 5500 reports/Summary Annual Reports (SAR) for all benefit plans.
Retirement Plan Coordination and Administration
- Ensures correct payments of benefits under the pension, 403b, and 457 plans.
- Calculates retirement benefits, explaining options to employee.
- Coordinates and submits the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (PBGC) filing and payments.
- Coordinates the collection of data for and the activities of actuaries and auditors.
- Provides and coordinates case management for employee injuries, monitoring time away from work due to work-related injuries, coordinating return-to-work issues, ensuring proper documentation and communication, and coaching management on required procedures.
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation to the workers compensation (WC) carrier.
- Tracks, trends, and analyzes WC data for the purpose of monitoring high-risk areas and costs; offers appropriate recommendations to reduce risk/costs.
- Partners with Safety Department and/or WC carrier to provide education and counseling to increase organizational awareness of work injury risks and costs and to implement risk/cost reduction measures.
Benefit Employment Laws
- Manages and ensures compliance with Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) process; monitors and takes appropriate action to improve process.
- Coordinates Unemployment Compensation (UC) reporting in conjunction with appropriate HR and payroll staff, including providing appropriate documentation and attending UC hearings with the involved department manager.
- Designs and delivers management training related to benefit employment laws as necessary.
- Implements and leads the organizations Wellness Initiative to contribute to the development of a wellness culture, encourage employee wellness behaviors, and reduce overall health care costs.
- Monitors metrics to measure effectiveness of wellness programs; takes appropriate action to improve.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in human resources, business, or related field
- Minimum 7 years’ progressive benefits experience in a complex work environment including benefit plan administration and resolving complex benefit and payroll related issues and working in partnership with peers, business leaders and employees to support their needs
- Successful experience managing disability and wellness programs, return to work programs, leave of absence, and related programs, including interactions with Payroll
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required
- Experience with integrated Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and payroll systems required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification preferred
- Experience with Ceridian preferred
- Successful development, implementation, communications, and realization of welfare benefits programs
- Experience in a health care setting preferred
- Working knowledge of HR laws and practices impacting employee benefits
- Understanding and ability to design and implement processes associated with benefit changes
- Detail-oriented to evaluate and ensure accuracy of data
- Proven program and project management; Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong sense of urgency, results and action-oriented
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; working knowledge conducting complex calculations and analysis to determine benefits costs and ROI. Strong business acumen to understand business implications of benefits cost models
- Ability to communicate with confidence in order to write, interpret and explain information related to benefits both one-on-one and in groups; effective presentation skills
- Experience in the design, development, and writing of comprehensive benefits communications, including employee portal, enrollment campaigns, ongoing programs
- Track record of building and maintaining strong customer and cross-functional relationships while providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently and with all levels of management and staff in support of strategy execution
To Apply, email us your resume or call (414) 870-3873.