Product Development Manager
Fusion Recruiters, LLC in partnership with our client ASQ, are in search of a results oriented, customer focused and strategic Product Manager to join their organization as their Product Development Manager.
Located in Downtown Milwaukee, this newly created position is responsible for all new product development and will work closely with internal Product Managers, external Subject Matter Experts, 3rd party vendors and Product Owners to drive all activities from discovery work thru to market implementation. This role will also work to create a new product development roadmap and recommend strategic priorities to the CEO and Executive Leadership team. In addition, this position will leverage and partner with all relevant parties to ensure market acceptance and adoption.
- This position will have 1 direct report.
- Be responsible for an annual operating budget.
- Will contribute to strategic planning and decision-making sessions with the CEO.
- Hires, trains, manages and develops qualified staff to effectively carry out department functions, provide excellent customer service and provide continuity of managerial and specialized skills.
- Creates, develops, and commercializes new products in alignment with strategic goals, working in cooperation with the product owners, corporate business, marketing, sales and directly with customers and members.
- Develops strong understanding of product lines to help drive innovation for product design, enhancements and new product concepts, ensuring they align with the organization's overall strategic goals and help drive revenue growth and profitability.
- Manages and actively participates in the product / program lifecycle process and establishes stage gate goals and metrics to ensure compliance with policies, commitments and targets.
- Works with product owners to evaluate current product portfolio, identify gaps and develop solutions to close gaps in product offering that meet consumer trends and customer demands while leveraging member expertise.
- Develops effective relationships with key external and internal customers/ members to identify user requirements and roadmaps for product design and enhancements and works collaboratively with product owners to determine feasibility, costs/benefits, and alignment of priorities.
- Serves as the key point of contact with product owners and Executive Leadership Team (ELT), reporting project status, risks, and issues in a timely and actionable manner.
- Drives the relationship with TCC (Technical Community Council) and other partners to meet customer needs, create innovative solutions, ensure market competitiveness, and attain growth goals.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline is required. Continuing education in areas of responsibility is preferred.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in product, project or program management and at least 1 year of people management experience.
- Experience in product development with a focus on software solutions is highly preferred.
- Experience partnering with Sales teams is a plus.
Ability to lead by example per ASQ’s competencies:
- Accountability: Leads by example; demonstrates responsibility through actions and words. Focuses on mission; explains context and holds themselves and team accountable for results.
- Communication: Encourages and practices active listening. Communicates clear messages. Creates an environment that supports open communication.
- Continuous Improvement: Encourages new ideas from team and facilitates better ways to do business. Sets and supports continuous improvement expectations and recognizes accomplishments.
- Developing Self and Staff: Provides timely feedback about performance, strengths and development needs. Teaches others how to perform new tasks. Ensures development plan remains on track and provides resources to support development.
- Ethics: Leads by example and acts in a way that minimizes organizational risk from unethical practices. Asks, "What is best for ASQ and the customer?"
- Teamwork: Facilitates and models teamwork throughout the organization; fosters cooperation and collaboration through trust-building and relationships. Creates a collaboration-ready environment.
Must be able to comply with attendance and timeliness policies.
NOTE: The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To Apply, email us directly or call (414) 870-3873.