Director, Commercial Plumbing
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
Fusion Recruiters, LLC, in partnership with their client PPG (“Professional Plumbing Group”) is seeking a Director of Commercial Plumbing to lead their Hospitality and Facilities market segments.
Located in Glen Mills, PA, the Director of Commercial Plumbing will develop and implement the growth strategy, optimize the value proposition to win market share, and drive commercialization with a targeted customer base. They will spearhead the understanding of the target customer in order to develop core marketing insights and position PPG for competitive advantage. In addition, they will define the customer profile, customer needs and customer feedback across the entire organization and acts as the Voice of the Customer.
The Director of Commercial Plumbing’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Create a 3-year marketing strategy for the segment that captures share growth and inspires the organization to meet the growth targets. CEO to review and approve to achieve market share and financial targets.
- Develop the annual marketing plan and financial targets for the segment
- Deliver and achieve the annual financial targets including sales growth, gross margin and variable contribution
- Refine the relevant value propositions based on market trends and evolution; continuously refine the winning combination of products, services, programs and promotions to align with the multi-year vision
- Manage the segment portfolio and pricing to achieve financial targets
- Develop and deliver a rolling 24-month NPD roadmap in line with product management, sales, operations and finance which will include managing pilot tests and national roll-out of new offers and value proposition enhancements.
- Develop sound, articulate communication plans which support the segment strategy
- Identify and assist in the development and closure of new business targets with PPG’s commercial teams
- Monitor market trends and conduct competitive analysis to consistently report findings to senior management
The successful candidate must have the following experience and capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Minimum 7 years of experience in marketing with increasing responsibility for strategic and operating initiatives in combination with 5 years of experience in product marketing and/or channel marketing.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with project management and cross-functional teams to achieve commercial milestones and business results
- Track record of hitting sales targets, budgets and other financial targets
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing and distribution sales models with an understanding of B2B selling dynamics.
- Experience generating marketing analytics and business insights to shape investment proposals
- Experience partnering with engineering, sales and other functions.
Successful candidates will also possess these professional attributes:
- High intellectual curiosity
- High energy and passion for the business
- Strategic mindset to create competitive advantage via key choices
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Data-driven with performance, insights and proposals
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with a range of colleagues
- High adaptability in an environment with significant change
- Ability to travel (10-25%) for customer research, key sales calls, trade events and other exploratory visits
Professional Plumbing Group ("PPG") manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates two key locations in Concordville, PA, and New Castle, DE. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Successful PPG employees align with our corporate values:
- High integrity
- Customer centric
- Execution oriented
NOTE: The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To Apply, email us directly or call (414) 870-3873.