Director, Talent Development
Greater Madison Area
Fusion Recruiters, LLC, in partnership with our client Daybreak Foods, are in search of a highly skilled and passionate Training and Development and Talent Acquisition leader to join their organization in Lake Mills, WI as a Director of Talent Development.
In this newly created position, the Director of Talent Development will lead the charge in strategically designing and implementing key leadership development programs, developing training programs that promote employee growth for all levels within the organization and manage and execute all aspects of learning and on-boarding of newly hired employees as individuals make an important transition in their career to join Daybreak Foods.
In addition, this position will provide direction and best practices for recruiting exceptional professional talent across the organization. Brand building, process improvement, HR infrastructure, and growing the capabilities/efficiencies of the staffing teams will all be apart of this effort.
This position reports into the Vice President of Human Capital and will be part of the HR leadership team.
The Director of Talent Development will have a number of critical responsibilities focused on partnering with the business in scaling our processes and evolving our employee value proposition strategy.
Training & Development
- Responsible for creating, organizing and implementing all phases and elements of a robust and high touch learning, training and development initiative that aligns with and executes on the overall company leadership strategy.
- Responsible for the education and developmental activities that arise as part of the career growth initiatives at the company.
- Identify and facilitate robust development solutions for employees while actively searching and creatively designing and implementing effective methods to educate and enhance performance across the organization.
- Create, lead, and execute development programs that are in line with the overall corporate strategic goals.
- Research emerging industry trends, new technologies, concepts and techniques to update current development curriculum as appropriate.
- Monitor training results that include tracking information, costs and effectiveness and feedback for company development programs.
- Work with IT to develop a Learning Management System with online content which is accurate and easily assessable.
- Coach other employees involved in training efforts.
- Develop and monitor spending against the departmental learning and development budgets.
Scaling our Delivery Processes & Metrics Dashboard
- Scale the talent team to ensure we have the right resource allocation and ratio of staffing resources with the business
- Develop best-in-class talent acquisition strategies, methods, referrals, direct sourcing and social media strategy
- Build robust talent pipelines that tap into targeted universities, companies, regions and technical communities
- Develop a strong employment brand for Daybreak, incorporating the value proposition into our recruiting processes, tools, events and social media strategies
- Create an exceptional candidate experience that represents our employee experience
Learning Leader Who Can Scale a Business
- Learning leader for peers as well as team with ability to get to root causes of issues.
- Can play "high and low", operating at both a strategic and tactical level as needed
- Strong presenter, demonstrating the aptitude of communicating clearly and effectively to upper management and all levels across departments
Required Education and Professional Experience:
- BA/BS degree
- 10+ years of professional HR experience with a minimum of 5 years in Leadership Development and at least 1 year of Talent Acquisition experience
- Experienced in ground-up building of development curriculum, including hands-on application.
- Experience in development and coaching at all levels of the organization.
- A track record of proficiency in assessing, delivering and measuring organizational effectiveness of training and development programs.
- Understanding of learning, organizational development, and talent management.
- Collaborative focus in all interactions
Desired Education, Skills and Professional Experience:
- MBA highly desirable
- Experience in a Food and/or Agricultural environment preferred
- A minimum of 5 years in talent acquisition, either at a best-in-class global company or highly regarded search firm preferred
- Strong presentation skills. Outstanding oral and written business communication skills
- Proven ability to lead by example and foster mentoring relationships.
- Confidence interacting with senior level leaders.
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind.
- Pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions.Thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment with exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
NOTE: The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To Apply, email us directly or call (414) 870-3873.